A boil water notice is still in effect for portions of southwest Meridian.
The boil water notice was lifted Monday afternoon for the southwest area of Meridian except for Atlas Roofing, Pilot Truck Stop and the businesses and customers on Tommy Webb Drive, according to Kirk Thompson, executive adviser to Mayor Cheri Barry. Those areas will continue to be under the boil water notice until further notice.
On Saturday, Thompson said the separation of a 16-inch water line caused a significant reduction of water pressure in southwest Meridian.
Because of the loss of pressure, the city issued a boil water notice for that area of the city.
- Local News
Large crowd attends police station ribbon cutting
"The Meridian Police Department on Sixth Street is 10-7."
"10-4. The MPD on Sixth Street is out of service."
"The Meridian Police Department on 22nd Avenue South is now 10-8."
"10-4. The MPD on 22nd Avenue South is now in service."
- Police track down robbery suspect
- Walking to remember
- Wreath-laying to honor Jimmie Rodgers
- Robbery suspect identified
- 'Sell Your Boat Event' to benefit charity
- Robbery suspect nabbed
- Paramedic drops pounds in ‘Biggest Loser’ challenge
For the sake of the children
For the vast majority of children quietly walking from West Lauderdale Elementary School Wednesday morning, they knew they were taking part in a drill.
- One charged in weekend shooting
- More Local News Headlines
- Large crowd attends police station ribbon cutting