MERIDIAN — David Fason, a Meridian Fire Department captain, pounds a log as part of the physical fitness test all MFD firemen must complete twice a year. The tests are conducted at the Meridian / Lauderdale County Public Training Facility on Sandflat Road. The firemen must complete the test in full turnout gear in a set time to pass. Each fireman must drag a weighted dummy through a simulated home, climb through a window, carry a hose up and down four flights of stairs, pull a hose to a target and spray the target and then finish by pounding the log 25 times with a sledge hammer.
- Local News
Star of the Week: Preston Herrington
Twenty-four year old Preston Herrington has spent more than half of his life outside the United States. The Cuba, Ala. native serves as an English as a second language (ESL) teacher and missionary in third world countries around the world.
- Vote proposed on bond issue
- Shooting still under investigation
- Search suspended for missing autistic man
- Court won't get involved in Mississippi redistricting
- Drill Wednesday to test readiness
- Jimmie Rodgers Talent Competition
Authorities are searching for a missing 20 year-old autistic male.
- Candidates prepare for Tuesday runoff
- MPD prepares for big move
- More Local News Headlines
- Star of the Week: Preston Herrington