Local officials have issued a precautionary boil water notice for people who get their water from Russell Utilities, Inc., in Lauderdale County.
The precautionary action is necessary because the system lost pressure, according to a press release. When a water distribution system loses pressure, contaminants can siphon back into the system. Public health officials consider any system that has lost pressure contaminated until tests of the water prove otherwise.
As soon as pressure is restored, officials recommend utility customers vigorously boil water for one minute any water to be consumed.
Russell Utilities customers will be notified when tests show the water is safe. Those with questions can call Russell Utilities, Inc., at 601-482-7338.
- Local News
- Celebrate summer with yoga
- Former coach’s sex crime case on hold
- Police looking for shooting suspects
- Two suspects sought in connection with assault
- Volunteers clean up Chunky River
- New recruit at MCC
- The Bedford
- Council passes bond issue for water, sewer
- Police arrest burglary suspect, look for another
- Lauderdale County Supervisors attend conference on coast
- More Local News Headlines