MERIDIAN — The first baby of the new year was born at Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian on Tuesday morning. Leah and Kelly Jimmerson of Stonewall welcomed their baby girl, Kennedi Reese Jimmerson, at 5:06 a.m. She weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and was 19 inches long. The original due date was Jan. 12, but the Jimmersons are happy the new addition to their family arrived early so that Kennedi can help them cheer for Alabama in the Discover BCS National Championship game. Alabama (12-1) takes on Notre Dame (12-0) at 7:30 p.m. Monday on ESPN.
- Local News
Star of the Week: Preston Herrington
Twenty-four year old Preston Herrington has spent more than half of his life outside the United States. The Cuba, Ala. native serves as an English as a second language (ESL) teacher and missionary in third world countries around the world.
- Vote proposed on bond issue
- Shooting still under investigation
- Search suspended for missing autistic man
- Court won't get involved in Mississippi redistricting
- Drill Wednesday to test readiness
- Jimmie Rodgers Talent Competition
Authorities are searching for a missing 20 year-old autistic male.
- Candidates prepare for Tuesday runoff
- MPD prepares for big move
- More Local News Headlines
- Star of the Week: Preston Herrington