At least 18 tourists are dead in Luxor, Egypt following the explosion of a hot air balloon. According to the BBC, a witness said the balloon hit a high-pressure electrical cable detonating one of its gas cylinders.
At least 18 tourists are dead in Luxor, Egypt following the explosion of a hot air balloon. According to the BBC, a witness said the balloon hit a high-pressure electrical cable detonating one of its gas cylinders. The ballon then caught fire and plunged to the ground from 1,000 feet.
Two people, a passenger and the pilot, may have survived by jumping from the balloon. The accident is being billed as the worst of its kind and the city of Luxor has suspended all balloon flights.
- Community News Network
Siblings withstand storm in fridge
Brother and sister co-owners of a Chinese takeout restaurant huddled inside a refrigerator to survive Monday’s deadly tornado that claimed 24 lives.
TIMELAPSE: Take a tour through the damage in Moore
Take a driving tour of the damage in Moore caused by Monday's tornado.
Mayor wants tornado shelters in new homes
Moore Mayor Glenn Lewis wants tornado shelters in all new homes in his city, where an EF-5 tornado damaged or destroyed more than 12,500 homes Monday afternoon. A proposed ordinance would require a shelter inside or outside each new residence.
AUDIO: Residents share their tornado experiences
Moore, Okla., residents talk about living through Monday's EF-5 tornado.
- Photos: Aftermath of massive tornado in Moore Storm victims were pulled from the rubble and residents began surveying the damage late Monday and early Tuesday in the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, where a powerful tornado destroyed entire neighborhoods and left dozens dead.
VIDEO: Tornado survivor's missing dog found during TV interview
Barbara Garcia was being interviewed by CBS News about how she survived the destruction of her home to Monday's massive tornado in Moore, when the dog she feared dead was suddenly discovered alive in the rubble of her home.
- Okla. front pages capture tornado aftermath View how several Oklahoma newspapers covered Monday's massive tornado in Moore. Please note that officials revised the death toll downward early Tuesday morning after some papers were printed, but it is expected to climb again as recovery efforts continue.
VIDEO: Pres. Obama's remarks on the Okla. tornado
President Obama speaks on Monday's deadly Okla. tornado.
- SLIDESHOW: Tornado passes through Oklahoma A fast-moving storm brought rain, hail and tornadoes to Oklahoma late Sunday afternoon and evening.
Officer treated and released after injuries from Oklahoma windstorm
Enid, Okla. police officer Lee Friesendahl was treated and released at St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center Saturday night after his patrol car was struck by a strong windstorm triggered by a heat burst.
- More Community News Network Headlines
- Siblings withstand storm in fridge